Free Mugshot Search

Instantly lookup mug shots and arrest records in USA!

Due to potential shocking details of some arrests and mugshots, viewer discretion is advised.

Escaped necrophiliac killer finally arrested in Stockton

Randall Saito, a 59-year-old necrophiliac killer, who had escaped the Hawaii psychiatric hospital three days ago, was finally taken into custody on Wednesday morning, as reported by the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office. 

Saito had escaped the hospital on Sunday, taking a taxi to a chartered plane and flying to Maui, followed by another flight to San Jose. The Hawaii Attorney General’s office had issued a $500,000 arrest warrant, charging Saito with a felony escape.

Apparently, Saito had arrived to Stockton on Monday and was captured thanks to an observant taxi driver. The hints brought the investigators to a gas station near Highway 99 and Waterloo Road, where Saito was arrested while on his way to his brother’s house in Stockton.

The escape has caused an outrage in the community as the public calls for more transparency from the Hawaii psychiatric hospital. 8 hours have passed before the staff notified the public and the authorities about the escape, breaking the staff protocol of the hospital. The case has opened an internal investigation of the hospital that currently houses 300 patients. Hawaii Department of Health Director Virginia Pressler announced on Wednesday that the hospital staff was placed on a 30-day unpaid leave to further explore the possibilities of intentional neglect of notification, as well as dubious supervision of Saito while in the hospital.  

According to court records, Saito has had 6 relationships since he was committed and found not guilty on the basis of insanity. Three of these relationships involved hospital staff employees, while the other three were with his former wives. 

Randall Saito was arrested for the murder of Sandra Yamashiro committed in 1979. Saito had shot and repeatedly stabbed Yamashiro’s body, before leaving it in her own car parked at a mall. Saito’s attorneys have made several attempts to release Saito or grant him unescorted passes around and outside the hospital, but have failed. 

The court denied Saito’s request for conditional release in 1993, clarifying that the killer was still suffering from sexual sadism and necrophilia.